Monday, May 27, 2013

A Sweet Goodbye....

I'm home. And while I am thankful I am also a little sad. It's not likely I will see my mom again until Christmas or a little after. Nerd alert: But I love my mom and I miss her everyday.

Anyways, back to the trip.

We woke up this morning and had an errand to run before we hit the rode. The Canadians are weird, you can't buy beer in grocery stores and you can't buy it after 5 pm. They have designated "Beer Stores" that you purchase it from, and the Wiz(aka my stepdad) had requested that mom bring him back some Canadian beer. So off we went. We did find it but imagine having to walk back 7 blocks carrying the equivalent of two six packs, not very fun, and my finger were totally crippled afterwards. OK not really :) Not long after we got back did we hit the road. Now it was supposed to be a 7 hour trip back for me, which wasn't a big deal, I've done way longer than that in a car before. Besides the Tigers were playing an afternoon game which would take up about 3.5 hours of that time so no big deal. The problem is that the Border crossing did not get the memo about it supposing to only take me 7 hours. I was stuck in traffic there for over an hour (it was terrible and not only that but it just plain wasn't fun) between that stops for gas and bathroom breaks and traffic in general it took me a total of 9 hours. By the time I got home I was exhausted. And I missed the start of the Yankees game, I listened to it on the radio but I am extremely superstitious about baseball which meant that I couldn't turn the game on T.V until after the 5th inning. All that adds up to one very long and exhausting day. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to travel as much as I have in the past four years. Words simply cannot express how much traveling soothes my soul, and goes along way towards keeping me sane!

Hope you guys all had an amazing Memorial Day Weekend, but don't forget to remember the reason, those that are fighting and those that died for our freedom. Thank you!

I can't wait for my next adventure!!!

Laters!!!

1 comment:

  1. That picture cracked me up. I love reading about your many adventures!

    ReplyDelete