Monday, June 24, 2013

Hotel Review: Club Quarters

Who: Club Quarters
What: Hotel Review
When: June 22-23
Where: Philadelphia
Why: In town for a Philadelphia Phillies game 

I booked this hotel from Expedia. And I am very glad I did, even with the mix up mentioned in my previous post. The hotel was located in a very restaurant oriented neighborhood but was surprisingly quiet.

The lobby was low key but beautiful,

The staff was very helpful and answered any and all questions I had. The hallways to the rooms were tiny and the door way off the lobby to my hallway stuck a bit and had to be wiggled to get open. When I entered the room I was pleasantly surprised.

The room was huge. It featured a kitchenette, a flat screen, a queen size bed, a arm chair, desk, closet, and small bathroom. Now for the negatives, I have never and I mean never been in a hotel room that creaked more than this one. The floor creaked, the bathroom door creaked, the mattress creaked a lot. it all made for a very noisy room. And since I move around a lot when I sleep, it made for a very fitful nights sleep.

Now I paid $222 for this room, which I feel was too much. I really didn't need all this space but for a larger family or more than one person this would be perfect. Given the hospitality of the staff, the room (creaks and all) and its location as well as the price, I give this hotel 3 stars. Not great but ok, and most of the time that's good enough for a one nights stay.













No comments:

Post a Comment